I think it is safe to say that I have learned a lot of life lessons while trying to have a baby. Many of them I learned while going through fertility treatments. I thought I would share my top 10 favorites. Enjoy!
1. Don’t ever watch “I didn’t know I was pregnant” or “Teen Mom”…that shit will just piss you off!
2. Don’t ever change your hair color, try on swim suits or shop for any appliance that can be used as a weapon while taking hormone injections…TRUST ME!
3. It’s OK to have sex just for the fun of it and not because your doctor told you to.
4. You never have to apologize for your urges to punch someone that has just offered you some “helpful” advice. As long as you don’t act on it you’re good!
5. It’s not a bad idea to buy stock in the makers of Gonal-F and Follistim because there are more infertiles out there than you know.
6. You can never watch too much “Big Bang Theory” when you are in an infertile funk. I have yet to be blindsided by the surprise pregnancy while watching this show!
7. Don’t ever trust the internet when it comes to telling you if you are pregnant or not. Believe me it lies!
8. It is always OK to have some mysterious & vague illness right before you are supposed to attend yet another baby shower! I cannot tell you how many times I felt deathly ill only to recover in time to meet friends for dinner that night. Weird, huh?
9. There is nothing wrong with hiding all friends on Facebook that are pregnant, have kids, or just annoy the crap out of you. It may end up that your news feed only includes your husband…unless he is one of the ones that just annoys the crap out of you!
10. Don’t believe the rumors out there that say having sex leads to pregnancy! That is the biggest myth of all! Had I known that earlier I could have saved A LOT of money on birth control over the years!